The Curtis Instruments 802 Series is a combination battery 'fuel' gauge and solid state hour meter housed in a single Ø52mm case.
Void of moving parts, this two-in-one unit provides exceptional reliability even in severe operating conditions.
Model 802's dual voltage feature makes it ideal for material handling applications, including forklift truck manufacturers and parts dealers trying to ease their stocking requirements.
These high quality gauges are also advantageous on sweeper/scrubbers, aerial lift platforms and personnel carriers.
'Fuel' Gauge Features
- Multicolor 10-bar LED displays state of charge (5 green, 3 yellow, 2 red LEDs).
- Flashing red LED signals "energy reserve" alarm at 70% discharged.
- Double flashing red LEDs signal "empty" alarm at 80% discharged.
- Recognizes improperly charged battery.
- Keyswitch activated LED display (Fuel gauge electronics are energized as long as they remain connected to the battery).
- Dual reset methods in each gauge: Open Circuit Reset for vehicles that exchange batteries and Charge Tracking Reset for vehicles whose batteries remain connected to the gauge during recharge.
Hour Meter Features
- Monitors use-time throughout equipment's lifespan.
- Records and displays up to 99999.9 hours on LCD, rolls over and continues to count and display.
- Stores latest total in EEPROM nonvolatile memory, without need of external power or internal battery.
- Operates and displays in temperatures from -40°C to +65°C under harsh conditions of vibration, shock, moisture and dust.
- Accuracy of +0.1% throughout its operating temperature range.
- Flashing hour-glass icon signals hour-meter accumulation of time.
- Available in single voltages from 12 VDC to 80 VDC, or in dual voltage of 24/36, 36/48, 24/48 or 72/80 VDC.
- Operating range is ± 25% of nominal voltage.
Note: The following data covers both ‘fuel’ gauge and hour meter.
- Current consumption: 65mA maximum @ 48 V nom.
- Weight: Less than 3.5 oz
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +65°C
- Storage temperature: -50°C to +90°C
- Shock: SAE J1378 55g
- Vibration: SAE J1378 20g
- Humidity: 95% RH (non-condensing) at 38°C
Note: The following data covers both 'fuel' gauge and hour meter.
Model Number Description:
802RBwwxxBG or 802RBwwxxBN
- ww = lower of the two voltages for dual voltage units, or none for single voltage units.
- xx = voltage of single voltage unit or higher of the two voltages for dual voltage units.
- BG = for electric vehicles that have a discharge profile ranging from 1.97 to 1.75 volts per cell.
- BN = for electric vehicles that have a discharge profile ranging from 2.04 to 1.73 volts per cell.
If power is broken to the battery ‘fuel’ gauge during charging, the unit will reset at 2.09 volts per cell. If the battery ‘fuel’ gauge remains connected during charging, the gauge will track the battery from 2.10 volts per cell to 2.35 volts per cell.