Curtis Model 803 combines in one instrument a completely solid state battery discharge indicator, an LCD hour meter and lift lockout, housed in a 52mm case.
Void of moving parts, this combination instrument is exceptionally reliable even in severe operating environments.
Model 803 is a combination gauge ideally suited for electrically powered vehicles.
'Fuel' Gauge Features
- Multicolor 10-bar LED displays state of charge (5 green, 3 yellow, 2 red LEDs).
- Flashing red LED signals "energy reserve" alarm at 70% discharged.
- Double flashing red LEDs signal "empty" alarm at 80% discharged.
- Normally closed relay opens at 80% discharge for lift lockout. This unique holding relay will only lock out at the end of a lift cycle.
- Recognizes improperly charged battery.
- Keyswitch activated LED display (Fuel gauge electronics are energized as long as they remain connected to the battery).
- Wide range adjustable discharge profile.
- Dual reset methods in each gauge: Open Circuit Reset for vehicles that exchange batteries and Charge Tracking Reset for vehicles whose batteries remain connected to the gauge during recharge.
Hour Meter Features
- Monitors use-time throughout the equipment's lifespan.
- Records and displays up to 99,999.9 hours on its LCD, rolls over and continues to count and display.
- Hour meter LCD remains on as long as battery is connected.
- Stores latest total in EEPROM nonvolatile memory, without need of power.
- Operates and displays in temperatures from –40˚C to +65˚C under harsh conditions of vibration, shock, moisture and dust.
- Available in single voltages from 12 VDC to 80 VDC, or in dual voltage of 24/36, 36/48, 24/48 or 72/80 VDC.
- Operating range is ± 25% of nominal voltage.
- Hour meter accuracy: +0.1%
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +65°C
- Shock & Vibration: Meets SAE J 1378
- Humidity: 95% RH (non-condensing) at +38°C
- LCD Character Height: 5 mm
- Mating Connector: Molex 8 pin, 39-01-2085
- Discharge Range: Empty from 1.57 volts/cell to1.93 volts/cell.
- Reset Levels: Open circuit reset (OCR)at 2.09 volts/cell.
- Charge Tracking Reset (CTR) tracks battery recharge at 2.35 volts/cell full and 2.10 volts/cell empty.
Model Number Description:
- 2.35 vpc full,
- 2.10 vpc empty
1.93vpc at empty
|J=N.C. holding relay
Contact rating=3 Amps
when continuously closed,
1 Amp when opening.
contact rating=1 Amp